home services platforms agilent: gene expression
Agilent's Dual-Mode Gene Expression Analysis Platform gives researchers the ease of one-colour experimental
design and the resolving power of two-colour detection in a single platform.
Researchers wishing to perform a differential gene expression analysis experiment using one of Agilent's 60-mer
oligonucleotide microarrays can contract the UHNMAC to perform the microarray experiments.
All Agilent catalog Gene Expression arrays are available in "4-plex" or "8-plex" design format where four or eight copies of the genome are printed onto each slide respectively. Not all arrays need to be used; however, unused arrays cannot be used at a later date so pricing is based on a complete slide being used. For best pricing, experiments should be designed to use in either multiples of 4 or 8 arrays. For other options, please inquire.
- Total RNA Quality Checked with Agilent BioAnalyzer ($10 fee is charged if RNA quality deemed too low quality to proceed with the experiment)
- Labelling of one RNA sample per array with cyanine-3 (1-colour only)
- Labelling of two RNA samples per array with cyanine-3 and cyanine-5 (one control/universal reference and one experimental) (2-colour only)
- Hybridisation/washing/scanning of arrays
- Spot quantification ( Agilent Feature Extraction)
- Feature Extraction output files sent to customer (FTP)
High quality total RNA is required for microarray experiments. The quality of the samples is checked upon arrival using the Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer. An RNA Integrity Number (RIN) of 7.5 or above is required for guaranteed good results. In general, 100 ng of total RNA is required for labeling. However, up to 500 ng can be used for quality and quantity assessment. Please note that if samples do not meet quality control and the customer decides not to continue with the project, a fee of $10/sample will be charged.